Monday, October 16, 2023

Out of Print Workshop at Infinite Souls Farm: FEEDBACK

What the Participants felt after the workshop

Bharath

Had a wonderful time at the Out of Print Magazine writer's workshop at Infinite Souls Farm. Between the beautiful view of Savandurga ... delicious home-cooked food, the birds..., we read amazing stories and saw them come to life in other people's words. Thank you Indira Chandrasekhar for making this possible and being there and encouraging us. Thank you Zui for providing extensive feedback, for being as equally invested in our stories as we are.


Anusha M

The Out of Print short story workshop was an immersive and indelible experience. I went in like a sponge and absorbed every single word, debating the motivation while learning to observe my stories from different viewpoints. The nuanced structure of the workshops is a great platform to examine your perspective as a storyteller, and one would benefit immensely from workshopping your stories with other writers.


Bodhi Ray

I’d attended writing classes before but Zui’s class at Infinity farms was something very special. Set amidst rolling green woods, the farm animals, the deep discussions and feedback and the various perspectives from which to look at our stories opened up the rusty hinges to creativity. I was amazed how deeply Zui critiqued my writing. I connected with the pre-reading materials which were carefully curated and gave me the much needed sense of why I write and to see the shimmers. Strongly recommend this workshop to serious writers.


Anushka Chatterjee

Having attended OofP's residential workshop, my mind is brimming with feedback, afterthoughts, and most importantly, boundless love and warmth. I'll forever be grateful to OofP for the much-needed surgery done to my fiction, and for the community we've built thereafter. Of course, one can't not mention the gorgeous backdrop of Savandurga, and farm-fresh food to top off the entire experience.


Amritha M Berger

The Out of Print Workshop on the Infinite Soul's farm and retreat was a truly magical experience. Being surrounded by nature and getting to immerse myself in sharing and critiquing work for an uninterrupted period of time in that beautiful and serene space was a unique and rare gift. 

Indira and Zui were the kindest and most welcoming, as were her family, who treated everyone like family, and treated us to the most delicious, homemade food. By the end of it, even though it was only a couple of days, strong bonds had been formed and friendships made.  

After the workshop was over, I was able to get the ongoing support of Zui in the editing process of my submitted piece, which helped my writing so much and brought me closer to crystalising the vision I had for the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment